- Four year bachelor's degree in biological sciences, including the following prerequisite courses from a recognized university:
- Molecular Biology/Genetics
- Embryology/Developmental Biology
- Minimum B+ average.
Experience in Counselling Setting
- This experience can be paid or volunteer and can include such places as a family planning centre, a crisis intervention centre or a hotline.
- This experience should promote development of communication and interpersonal skills, therefore a component of training supervision would be beneficial.
If your primary language is not English and you graduated from a non-Canadian University where the language of instruction and examination was not English, then you must complete an English facility exam. This requirement must be met at the time you submit your application. You may complete any of the following tests:
TOEFL (U of T Institutional code: 0982-00)
Paper Based Test & TWE: Overall Score 580, TWE 5
Internet-Based Test IBT: Overall Score 93, Writing/Speaking 22
COPE: 4 (with at least one in each component and 2 in the writing component)
Academic Preparation Course: Final grade of B in Level 60