Brian Ciruna Profile Page
Hospital for Sick Children, Peter Gilgan Centre for Research &
Learning, Rm 57-9712, 686 Bay St., Toronto, ON M5G 0A4
416-813-7654 ext. 302050
Zebrafish developmental genetics
Postdoctoral Fellow: New York University School of Medicine
Ph.D.: University of Toronto
B.Sc. (Hon): University of Toronto
Fields of Interest
- Cellular and Molecular Structure and Function
- Genetic Models of Development and Disease
- Determine how polarized changes in cell shape, structure and movement ultimately form the vertebrate body during embryonic development.
- Determine how abnormal cell polarity contributes to congenital malformations and disease (including scoliosis, polycystic kidney disease, and tumor metastasis).
- Develop new technologies for zebrafish developmental genetic research.
Currently Accepting Graduate Students